Saturday, June 21, 2008

Listlessness


The Lie:
Since God has no plan for me, there's nothing I can do which will fulfill me. God has nothing for me to do to fulfill me.

The Scripture: Psalm 16:11, John 4:34, Psalm 23:2-3

Psalm 16:11
You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

John 4:34
Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work.

Psalm 23:2-3
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

Note: In December 2005, I was first introduced to a study either based on or directly from Unity of the Bible written by Daniel Fuller. The study is also written by Fuller, though, even if it's not directly from the book.

Oversimplified, the study is about the various ways one defies God by disbelieving His promises and reminds how we can fight disbelief in God - which leads to death - by remembering God's clear promises to us.

This post is a reminder of a lie and a promise. 

No comments: