Saturday, June 21, 2008

Envy


The Lie: God doesn't have good plans for my future.
This post is a reminder of a lie and a promise. 
And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.



The Scripture: John 21:18-19, Psalm 73:25-26, Romans 10:12

John 21:18-19
Truly, truly, I say to you, when you were younger, you used to gird yourself and walk wherever you wished; but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands and someone else will gird you, and bring you where you do not wish to go.” Now this He said, signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, Follow Me!”

Psalm 73:25-26
Whom have I in heaven but You?

 Romans 10:12
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him

Note: In December 2005, I was first introduced to a study either based on or directly from Unity of the Bible written by Daniel Fuller. The study is also written by Fuller, though, even if it's not directly from the book.

Oversimplified, the study is about the various ways one defies God by disbelieving His promises and reminds how we can fight disbelief in God - which leads to death - by remembering God's clear promises to us.

No comments: