Saturday, September 08, 2007

Been a Long Time

It's been a long time since I posted anything here! A lot has been going on, but that's not a real excuse. I kinda forgot that this blog existed. I mean in my normal day-to-days I just never thought to remember it.

That's really too bad, though. 

I don't have too much to say today either, though. I've been thinking a lot about the Book of Hebrews. I haven't been reading it as much as I've been thinking about it's significance in my life. I've been focused on chapter 12 for almost a month.

When I was asked why I decided to follow Jesus, I said that it was because of the new covenant; the idea that Jesus fulfilled the old covenant and didn't just show up with a new plan or his own agenda. I learned that through the Hebrews. 

I say all of that to mean that Hebrews has been an important book to me in the past and the stuff contained within it really defines who I am as a believer. Or, it should define me as the foundation of my faith, yes?

Over the next couple of weeks, I intend to go through the book and see how much it actually does define me. It's a matter of integrity and I hope my actions line up with my words.

No comments: